Re: Any UBIFS volume image installation command with selective ECC (DTB) in Linux?

Hei hei,

Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2020, 08:59:53 CEST schrieb Jupiter:
> I am baffled when ubiformat flashed ubi.img to NAND, who wrote the ECC
> to the flash?, Does ubiformat write ECC to NAND? If so, how can select
> the ECC for ubiformat to write correct ECC to NAND?

IIRC those are set in DT for Linux. You can find some information on that in
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/nand-controller.yaml – look out for
"nand-ecc", e.g.:

  nand-ecc-strength = <8>;

Those settings should match the settings from your bootloader. In U-Boot those
are not necessarily set through DT however. I just checked with U-Boot 2019.10
for a sama5d2 based board, and there I find in the kconfig something like
this:

  CONFIG_PMECC_CAP=8

However I do not remember, how I came up with the actual values for that
board, but I do remember I had to make sure these settings should match.

HTH & Greets