Re: Issue with 'ubi part' ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error)

Thanks Richard for the response.

On 5/19/20, Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Neither UBI nor UBIFS care about ECC. The MTD stack does.
> If you write something in Linux you cannot read back in u-boot a common
> problem is that u-boot and Linux use different MTD settings (layout,
> ECC, etc...).

That is exactly the problem I have, the MTD layout in both Linux and
u-boot is the same:

# mtdinfo
Count of MTD devices:           3
Present MTD devices:            mtd0, mtd1, mtd2
Sysfs interface supported:      yes

Are there any ways or tools in Linux to change MTD settings (most
likely the ECC or DTB) to the same setting in u-boot? I do have mtd
and fw_setenv in Linux.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

- jh

--
"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame somebody else."