Re: How the bad blocks occured in despite MTD manages the bad blocks

On 10/3/19, Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 1:14 PM JH <jupiter.hce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I was told by hardware engineer, it was broken by bad block problem.
>
> Did he inspect the filesystem in detail?
> If he said so based on the same information you shared with us, it was
> pure guesswork.

Yep, he did.

>> After those lines, the boot stopped in an emergent mode in a prompt to
>> suggest to log in by Ctl-D, but that could not work, I was not able to
>> log into the file system, nor can I get kernel log. From your
>> experience, what could be likely the causes, hardware or software?
>
> Without logs I cannot say anything, sorry.

That's ok, as long as I learned it is not caused by bad blocks, I
doubt the software caused meltdown, even the full of file system would
not cause the damage if NAND. So, my finger would point to hardware
problems.

Thanks Richard,

- jh