Re: mtdpart add/del usage

On 9/27/19 4:31 PM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 3:21 PM Mauro Condarelli <mc5686@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> / # mtdpart del /dev/mtd3 3
>> mtdpart: error!: Failed to issue BLKPG ioctl
>>          error 22 (Invalid argument)
> Is /dev/mtd3 really the master partition?
No.
It is not.
On a recent kernel I managed to have this work (using
"CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONED_MASTER=y").
> IIRC you can only apply such changes on the mtd master
> partition.
Is it possible to retrieve (or re-create) the master device in an older
kernel (3.18)?
It does not have MTD_PARTITIONED_MASTER config option.
I know it won't be able to del/add partitions, but being able to write
to the whole,
unpartitioned device would be *very* useful nonetheless.

Thanks in advance
Mauro Condarelli