A big issue of NAND fragmentation

Hi,

I am running kernel 5.1.0 on iMX6 using NAND flash, I write small data
files about 250 bytes each every 5 minutes to a backup storage, the
total size of all data files is about 600 KB, but du shown me 9.7M is
used in that directory. I know NAND using page to flush files, how
does the MTD handler NAND fragmentation?

Does the latest version of MTD (hence the latest kernel version)
resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter