Re: [imx][vybrid][qspi] Regression notification - vybrid vf610 QUADSPI - BK4 board

Hi Fabio,

> Hi Lukasz,
>
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 7:11 PM Lukasz Majewski <lukma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I'd like to report that after moving the fsl-quadspi.c driver
> > from ./drivers/mtd to ./drivers/spi (around 5.1-rc1) [1] the
> > Vybrid's QUADSPI (even with single SPI-NOR memory connected) is not
> > working anymore (the chip ID read is FF FF FF).
> >
> > This wouldn't be a problem per-se, but not all necessary code was
> > moved
> > - especially for vybrid which has issues with some HW bugs [2]:
> >
> > --------------->8----------------
> >  * The IC guy suggests we use the "AHB Command Read" which is faster
> >  * then the "IP Command Read". (What's more is that there is a bug
> > in
> >  * the "IP Command Read" in the Vybrid.)
> > ---------------8<----------------
> >
> > I've explicitly asked NXP support for this HW issue [3] - but till
> > now there was no reply.
> >
> > The official linux-imx (from meta-freescale) seems not to support
> > vybrid (vf610) anymore - and the newest available now kernel is
> > 4.19 (with the old fsl-quadspi.c driver available).
> >

> > Hence the question - has anybody noticed this issue and (maybe) is
> > working on it?
>
> I don't have access to a Vybrid board, but I kindly got the
> confirmation from Andrey on Cc that QSPI is working fine on his Vybrid
> based board running linux-next.

Thank you for your reply, Fabio.

Andrey , could you share your setup info? How your memories are
connected?

Would it be possible to share your dts files for linux-next?

I did a bit more debugging and the old driver (before conversion) on my
setup breaks when I try to erase/write/read 256+ bytes (with dd's block
size -> bs = 1).

Could you check if erase, write and read of

dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/mtd7 bs=1 count=256

works as expected?

Writing larger chunks (with bs=64) works as expected.

> Regards,
>
> Fabio Estevam

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski