Re: UBIFS file-system corruption (missing inode) after power-cut on 4.14.96

Am Freitag, 29. März 2019, 10:43:33 CEST schrieb Lars Persson:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:31 PM Richard Weinberger
> <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Can you please share me your corrupted fs?
> > I'm not so sure what is really the root cause.
> > The thing is, ubifs_delete_orphan() does not need to tigger a commit.
> > Ff something depends on a commit, we have another problem, I fear.
> >

> Thanks. The download link for the file-system was shared to your gmail address.

Okay, I see the problem. :-\
But so far I don't see a good solution. /me thinks harder.

O_TMPFILE turns out more and more to be a nightmare for UBIFS,
it all boils down to the fact that UBIFS does not have transactions,
just many small journal updates which interfere with each other.
In this case the orphan list has an old entry
although the journal did the right thing.

Thanks,
//richard