Re: UBIFS file-system corruption (missing inode) after power-cut on 4.14.96

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:02 AM Lars Persson <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The missing inode is always triggered on those two particular files
> emotiond.conf and tampering.conf that share the same write pattern at startup:
>
>  cp file file.tmp
>  echo some data > file.tmp
>  mv file.tmp file
>  fsync file

A closer look at that script shows that the atomic file update part
was bypassed. It only performs a chown operation on that file.
That simple chown will trigger an overlayfs copyup operation.

With a proper unmount after the system has finished writing to /etc I
cannot reproduce any corruption. An unclean shutdown triggers
corruption in about 1/3 of the attempts, also when I cut power tens of
seconds after the problematic script has executed.