Re: atmel nand bindings vs. actual dts files

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 6. März 2019, 15:07:52 CET schrieb Alexander Dahl:
> So instead of "always 0x800000" that node has 0x2 as third entry for the
> 'reg' property. Why is that?

I didn't investigate that further yet, but I'm curious, so if anyone knows?

> Bonus question: if the R/B line is not connected, how is that expressed in
> dts? As far as I understood that is possible, if the driver polls some
> status register instead of that line level, right?

Or just waits until a certain timeout …

For v4.19.25 (this is the currently latest base for PREEMPT RT patches) I
found this:

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.19.25/source/include/linux/mtd/
rawnand.h#L1195

It says:

 * @dev_ready:		[BOARDSPECIFIC] hardwarespecific function for accessing
 *			device ready/busy line. If set to NULL no access to
 *			ready/busy is available and the ready/busy information
 *			is read from the chip status register.

However I see no way to explicitly set this to NULL via device tree for the
atmel raw nand driver, or did I miss something?

I guess that's no recommended hardware setup?

Greets
Alex