Re: read-only FS with error -2

Ben,

Am Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2018, 19:44:46 CET schrieb Ben Greear:
> > For now you can just use your initramfs (AFAIK OpenWRT has one), boot with rdinit=/bin/sh ...
> >
> > Or apply a hacky patch like this one to enable chk_fs always...
>
> Problem is, when I re-install then the problem goes away.  Would it
> be bad to enable this code all the time on production systems?

Did you face the problem more than *once*?

chk_fs makes mounting very slow, it is basically a fsck upon mount.

> Could UBIFS just enable debugging and print out any pertinent
> info when it detects the failure instead of (just) going into RO
> mode?

UBIFS prints a ton on debug information upon unexpected situations.
But if your logs are gone and you have only very the last one (after a reboot),
UBIFS cannot do much...

Thanks,
//richard