Re: bad block table erased by u-boot's ubi part command

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 16:21:37 +0000
Yannick Lanz <yannick.lanz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If a mount the UBI partition in U-Boot, then the bad block table is never found
> in the kernel and always recreated. The other strange point is that U-Boot
> doesn't find the 4 bad block found by the kernel.
>
> If I reboot without mounting the UBI partition in U-Boot, then the bad block
> table is directly discovered by the kernel following its creation on latest boot.
> It seems that U-Boot is destroying the bad block table.
>
> Do you have any idea what's happening ?

Probably because u-boot does not have on-flash-bbt enabled, so it's
assuming the blocks reserved by Linux for the bad block table are free,
and when UBI is attached to the last partition it picks the last 4
blocks and writes its metadata on it.