mtd-utils: 'libmtd: error!: ECCGETLAYOUT ioctl request failed' seen after updating to mtd-utils 2.0.2

Hi,

We're running an embedded system with a 4.4 based kernel. As part of our
startup we use mtdinfo to find out about the mtd devices on the device.

I recently updated our mtd-utils version to 2.0.2 and our mtdinfo usage
started printing an error message.

   # mtdinfo /dev/mtd0
   libmtd: error!: ECCGETLAYOUT ioctl request failed
           error 95 (Operation not supported)
   libmtd: error!: ECCGETLAYOUT ioctl request failed
           error 95 (Operation not supported)
   mtd0
   Name:                           nvs
   Type:                           ram
   Eraseblock size:                4096 bytes, 4.0 KiB
   Amount of eraseblocks:          128 (524288 bytes, 512.0 KiB)
   Minimum input/output unit size: 1 byte
   Sub-page size:                  1 byte
   Character device major/minor:   90:0
   Bad blocks are allowed:         false
   Device is writable:             true

The error isn't too surprising since a plat-ram device isn't going to
support ECC.

This error appears to have been introduced by commit a1035358 ("libmtd:
Add support to access OOB available size"). Is there any way to avoid
this for devices that we don't expect ECC on.

Thanks,
Chris