Re: dosemu2 very interesting results

I forgot to include the list:

Glad you got dosemu2 to run!

The standard installation indeed doesn't have all the typical utilities. A script to install these is available through an extra package:
https://github.com/dosemu2/install-freedos

I don't think SDL will help you. There is also X11 mode with -X, but I think the text modes help you most, -t is the regular terminal mode.