Re: [ dosemu-Patches-2797605 ] Brazil-ABNT keyboard

Hi Bart,

I am answering here because sourceforge is not working for me...

1) are you sure the 'us' layout needs to be extended? In principle
KEYB should get the scancodes more directly unless you use DOSEMU in
a terminal (dosemu -t). What happens if you remove that part of the
patch in keymaps.c?

IMHO it should be extended atleast to include the "/?" key code 73h.

The reason is that this is a very important key to have missing in case
keyb is not properly configured. The key 7Eh is not very important, but
it  will use just a few more bytes.

2) internet references suggest 0x7e for the NUM_DOT key instead of
0x7d. What happens if you press the key in "showkey -s" on a Linux
text console (press Ctrl-Alt-F1, login)?

I GOT IT WRONG... I even booted in pure FreeDOS to double-check :( then
I checkd with Henrique Peron...

I am very sorry, I already made a fix, but I am not sure when I will
be able to upload to sourceforge

thanks,
Alain

SourceForge.net escreveu:
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by alainm3
You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=457449&aid=2797605&group_id=49784

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This fixes Brazil-ABNT keyboards. It adds 2 more keys, scancodes 73h and 7dh. One exists in jamanese keyboard and the other is exclusive.

No setup is needed in dosemu.conf. KEYB is needed, I temporarily uploaded it here: http://www.suporte.cosmodata.com.br/download/freedos/keyb-dosemu-abnt.zip
Use in AUTOEXEC.BAT with the files above.:
  lh c:\dos\keyb br,850,c:\DOS\BR.KL
This layout will be included in FreeDOS 1.1