Re: Accents in Kubuntu

Once more, I got more information :) I just understood the problem (after 2 days work...)

If I change the KDE keyboard layout do basic, *it works*. I can do that with the command (and from KDE configurator too):
  setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant basic

Apprently the problem is that dosemu gets confused if the keyboard already has double keys.

But, this is a *global* configuration, then I cannot use accents in any non DOS program.

NOW, can anyone tell me how to setup dosemu properly or how to setup this keyboard for only one application????

Alain M. escreveu:
Hi, I have more information on my strange accent problem:

This is my setup, in dosemu.conf
  $_X_keycode = (on)
  $_layout = "us"
In Autoexec.bat
  lh keyb br,850,C:\DOS\KEYBOARD.SYS /ID:274
the "^" key works ok and I can generate "âêîôû" combinations.

BUT the problem is that the 2 keys '" and `~ are *completely dead*

I tested with SVN, 1.4.0 (from ubuntu, 804), and 1.3.5. All are the same.
I hope that this may help someone to help me :)
Alain

Alain M. escreveu:
Hi,

I have been trying dosemu in Kubuntu 8.04 LTS and I cannot make it work.
I have tried:
- SVN version
- Ubuntu's repositary
- november 2008's version

I tested ann possible setup combination for more than one day! All I can
get is either nothing or a '?'

Is there something basic that I am missing? or some trick? I have been
using and compiling dosemu for many years (Mandrake/Mandriva), but I am
new to Kubuntu...

please help,
Alain