Re: Experienced Advice needed urgently: DOSEMU

 Hello.
Maybe try changing the value of the HogThreshold configuration option, or use the speed command under the DOS session.
First try the value 1, then the value 2, then the value 7, then the value 0.
If it doesn't work with that, then try a 32 bits Kernel instead of a 64 bits one, since the 64 bits one requires the use of CPU emulation and may be slower. Otherwise you may try to use QEmu, KVM, VirtualBox OSE, etc. (machine virtualization solutions), if you go the virtualization route, you may need a "DOS Idle" program to release the CPU when not needed while waiting for a keystroke.
Hope this helps, best wishes!

P.s.: didn't answer earlier because I wanted to see if someone else with better experience would answer first, and then forgot about this email entirely, sorry.