printing problem

I have just changed my Linux OS from kubuntu 8.04 to Linux Mint KDE RC1
(which I believe another version of subunit 8.04).

I set up the CUPS printer in Linux Mint in exactly the same was as under
Kubuntu, and I am using the same .dosemurc file, but cannot print (to
lpt1)  from the DOS programs I am using (eg WordPerfect). When I print
nothing happens. However printing to lpt3 (which is configured to print
to a pdf file set up in Linux) works fine.

The printer (a lexmark c530 set-up with the generic postscript driver)
has been configured exactly the same way under Mint as under Kubuntu.

Running DOSEMU from the terminal and on printing the following error
message is produced:

    lpr: Unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-raw'!

I have made sure that

    application/octet-stream application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -

in /etc/cups/mime.convs is not commented out

and that

    application/octet-stream

in /etc/cups/mime.types is not commented out

and restarted cups etc but still cannot get any printing going from the
DOS applications.

I do not know what to further and any help with this would be greatly
appreciated.

Victor Warner

PS: The .dosemurc file contains:

$_hdimage = "/vw/data/dos"