Re: MIDI input

x.zupftom@xxxxxx wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Dave Phillips" <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx>
I believe that SPG filters running status bytes, perhaps Score doesn't ?

Sorry, but what does filtering status bytes mean?  Can it possibly be done before feeding the MIDI input to Score?
Running Status is a MIDI message, usually encountered in long strings of messages with the same status. According to the MIDI Programmer's Handbook, "It is the receiver's responsibility to identify and process Running Status transmissions."

The more I consider the problem, the more I think it may have something to do with Active Sensing bytes. An Active Sensing byte (hex FE) is sent every 300 ms if an instrument is idle, perhaps the message timing in your examples should be checked for their incidence ?

How do you configure Score for MIDI input, do you select a driver or does it have a default internal driver or ... ?

It must have an internal driver.  There are three configuration options:  The type of MIDI interface (you can chose between None, MPU-401 or compatible, Passport MIDI-Transport, IBM Music Feature and Yamaha C1), the IRQ level and the port address.
DOSemu is likely to support only the MPU driver. Is that what you're using ?

Best,

dp