Re: Dosemu and Joysticks

JD Fenech wrote:
Background:
I have a PS1 controller connected to my PC via USB. I know it works, because I'm able to read data from /dev/input/js0 and actually use this in several native linux games.

I went and fired up my MSDOS machine, and looked around, and found
an old program I wrote several years ago. I can provide BORLANDC
source, or executable, or both if you like. I misremembered.
One puts out a 00H to 0201H and then reads back from 0201H.
It's not two consecutive port addresses. There is also a BIOS
interrupt to control that port, but I forget how to use it.
It's just been too long. Anyway, the program only reads one of
the joystick bits.

Also, there is a generic hardware test program which you may find
a copy of which can test joystick ports.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.