cleaning up the "drives" mess

One of the reasons I stuck to DOS after windows 3.1 appeared, was the simplicity, which translated to long up time and short down time, as at my office, I am responsible for keeping it running.

Now along comes dosemu in linux. I would like to delete all references to "drives" including directories, links, etc., and only set them with lredir in the autoexec.bat file.

I would also like to get rid of the complicated directory structure, including the hidden directory, so I have a directory called dosemu (or whatever), and I put all of the commands, doc, config, etc. in it.

Any files that are linux files (before dosemu is running) can exist in Linux directories that I set up.

One other item. For several years now, the dos refers to a /etc/dosemu.users file. I have never seen this. If the files layout were simpler, creating and maintaining doc for it would also be simpler.

Thoughts?

-