Re: Problem with printing on change of printer

Thank you for the reply.

I do use cups, but my technical skills are low so although I can see the
relevant cups files I do not what I should be looking for.

Would it be possible to let me know what I should be looking for/doing.
I would be very grateful.

Victor Warner.

Rafa? Cygnarowski wrote:
Dnia czwartek, 24 stycznia 2008, Victor Warner napisa?:
I am use dosemu 1.4 under Xandros Professional 4.0 Desktop.

Until recently I have been using a HP LaserJet printer and have had no
difficulty printing from DOS programs under Dosemu to the printer.

The .dosemurc~ (located in home directory) reads:

$_hdimage = "/disks/D/dos"
$_printer_command = "lpr -l"
$_printer = "HPLJ3055"
$_layout="uk"
$_X_keycode=(off)
$_X_font="vga12x30"
$_hogthreshold="1"
$_xms="16834"
$_xms="16834"
$_X_title="Dosemu (as user)"

I have now changed to a Lexmark C530dn (which I understand is a pcl and
postscript printer). I changed in the .dosemurc~ file only the $_printer =
"HPLJ3055" line to $_printer = "lexmarkc530dn" (ie the name I called the
printer in Linux), and used the right printer driver in the dos programs
(WordPerfect 5.1/6.2) but nothing has printed.

I ran dosemu from console and on printing the following message was
printed:

"lpr: error - unable to print file:
client-error-document-format-not-supported"

I suppose you use cups, do you? If yes check your cups logs for details. There's probably some filter missing. If cups logs are not good enough set log level to debug in your cupsd.conf and try again.

Regards,

-