Re: What was old dosemu "unix" command?

Dave Williams wrote:
Larry Alkoff wrote:
In my previous version of dosemu I had two instances of the command "unix" in autoexec.bat. It doesn't exist in my latest 1.4 running under Kubuntu Gutsy Linux.

unix -S DOSDRIVE_D
unix -S DOSEMU_VERSION
unix -e

What did these commands do?
Is there any equivalent in the latest dosemu?

It's in my generic RPM I downloaded from dosemu.org. Works just fine in SuSE 10.2 and Mandrake 10.1, anyway.

The command calls out of Dosemu to execute a Linux command; you could use it with curl or wget to pull some files down over the internet. I've never tried calling anything that required user interaction, though.

Thanks for your info Dave.

From searching the web I see that it is standard for autoexec.bat in dosemu to end with 'unix -e'. It has something to do with running linux commands from dosemu.

I have found on my system:
/usr/lib/dosemu/drive_z/dosemu/unix.com
plus other .com files.

Does anyone know how I can incorporate or setup a path to
/usr/lib/dosemu/drive_z/dosemu
in my existing dosemu?

I tried to:
ln -s /usr/lib/dosemu/drive_z/dosemu/  drive_z
but this screwed up dosemu itself such that it no longer responds to exitemu!

I exited by control-c in the calling terminal but clearly something else has to be done to get the 'z' drive going.

Advice anyone?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX