Announcement - Samba support for DosEmu - beta1 (resended - sorry)

Hello!

I'm proud to present first public release of Samba support for DosEmu.

1. What it can do?

 - it can connect to samba and windows boxes
 - read/write and locks are supported

 You can find more details in doc/README.samba.

2. How to build it?

  You'll need to patch your dosemu-1.4.0 sources, build and install
libcli_smb.so from Samba 4 alpha 1 release and then build dosemu as usual.

  As in previous case: detailed instructions are in doc/README.samba file.

3. Few words about this release.

 3.1 To DosEmu developers

  I was trying to make this patch as less invasive as it's possible. Because
patch is based on mfs.c code I found few places I think they can be wrong and
marked them by FIXME with appropriate comment. You can also find some FIXME
comments in smb.c in cases I wasn't quite sure how some problems should be
solved.

 3.2 To end users.

  Even it's only beta 1 release it should be stable and usable. As far as
Samba servers are replacement for real Windows servers locks on samba drives
should work as well as on mapped drives under Windows.

  Remember: I won't give you any warranty that this piece of code can work
correctly with your software or won't make any damage to your data. You can
lost all your data! I warned you!

4. How you can get it?

  Because patch was to big to send it to mail list I decided to place it on
web server. Here is a place you can download it from:

        http://www.pers.pl/~pascalek/dosemu-1.4.0-samba-beta1.patch.gz

  Have a fun playing with it!

Regards,
--
Rafał Cygnarowski
rafi@xxxxxxx

PS. last time my mail program did strange thins with text - sorry for sending
it again...