Re: DOSEMU not printing to USB printer

On 18 November, Jan wrote

> ## Printer and parallel port settings
> # Print commands to use for LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3.
> # Default: "lpr -l", "lpr -l -P lpt2", and "" (disabled)
> # Which means: use the default print queue for LPT1, "lpt2" queue for
> LPT2.
> # "-l" means raw printing mode (no preprocessing).
> $_lpt1 = "lpr -l"
> # $_lpt2 = "lpr -l -P lpt2"
> # $_lpt3 = ""
> # idle time in seconds before spooling out. Default: (20)
> $_printer_timeout = (20)
>
> Do not use "-l" if you intend to use a DOS program that doesn't have a
> printer driver for your particular printer. "-l" bypasses the CUPS
printer
> driver, only the CUPS spooler is used in that case.

Okay, Jan's solution looked like the simple solution to the 3 I got
(thank you Frank and Rafal for yours - I'll keep your solutions on the
side)
I removed the -l from the dosemu.conf file (it now reads $_lpt1 = "lpr"
and the printer now allows me to print from the DOS command line.
That's a big step forward for me and I will test out the DBL program now
and see if it will print all that it requires.  I will let you guys know
what the results are.
Thanks very much to you all.
Regards
Garth