Re: cifs 1.50 and dosemu 1.4 great combination

Hi Tarquin!

Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2007 15:39 schrieb Tarquin Adams:
> However, when I run sessions with these different usernames accessing the
> CIFS mounted directory lredir'd in dosemu I get Btrieve error 14 (pre-image
> open error)  when the software tries to access the data files.  This is
> related to the .pre files that Btrieve creates and it appears a .pre file
> created by one user cannot be accessed by another, which is essential!

I can't tell anything about using different users accessing a share. There you
have to look at the samba docs.

> Does anyone have any advice or recommended settings for enabling whatever
> oplock or  other locking mechanism is required for this to work correctly?
> I notice several  posts which say they have got record locking working
> using CIFS with SAMBA but  no-one gives specifc smb.conf or CIFS settings
> for this.

The locking is correct at least with my application (Clipper,xbase) with cifs
> 1.45 and samba >= 3.0.25b.

The parameter in the smb.conf is
strict locking = yes

most of the other locking parameters are ignored with cifs.

HTH

Claudia

-