Re: cifs 1.50 and dosemu 1.4 great combination

kemas escreveu:

A clipper program runs on dosemu (I supose withe FreeDOS), dosemu runs on centos. But dosemu uses either an image (where lock work) or the linux fle system, I supose then that cifs is replacing samba and that lock work between doemu and cifs...

cifs does not replace samba, samba still the file server.

cifs is use as the filesystem to mount samba share, then dosemu would run our program on lredired drive.
the lock here means file locking between multiuser apps that use the same file.

Could you give setup commands? This may interest more people, so I am bringing it back to the list...

I am not sure that I understand: You have a samba server, maybe even on the same machine; cifs then replaces samba-client, on every machine; then dosemu relays the file-locks correctly. Are you using freeDOS?

Sorry if I may seam a little dumb, but some time ago Bart said that lock did NOT work... and I googled about cifs and could not really understand the details.

Thanks,
Alain

-