Using nansi.sys vs ansi.sys under 4dos

I would like to use a dosemu screen with black letters on a bright white
background.

I run dosemu 1.2.2.8 under Kubuntu linux (Feisty Fawn version)
using 4dos as my command processor.  This allows me to use my old
favorite dos programs like SuperCalc, WordStar, Q&A and 4dos.
Personally I date back to early CP/M days.

Under nansi.sys 4.0d I have the following problem in 4dos.
My color directive is in 4dos.ini has the line
color black on bright white
to set the screen foreground black and background bright white.

However what happens is that the c:> has the correct bright white
correct but the rest of the screen is a dirtyish grey.  When I type
characters after c:> all the chars on that line have a nice white
background but the untyped part of every line is that dirty grey.

If I use ansi.sys from Windows 98SE, the screen is properly displayed
with a bright white background.  However I do not wish to use the
proprietary  ansi.sys.

Could anyone give me any information on getting a nice bright white
background screen using either nansi.sys or nnansi.sys?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux