Re: [Freedos-user] Howto specify a dosemu font?

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
not dosemu, xdosemu. x, x, x!  I believe xdosemu is nothing but a
The repetition like that was hardly necessary. I'm sure he would
have gotten the point with just a statement

Absolutely.  I was in a hurry and impatient to share my ignorance.

Why can't Larry A. enlarge his xdosemu window by dragging?  Is he
missing dosemu fonts or xfonts?
Yes, on my machine as well. But, as I commented, I find the
display dim.

That's true, but it's better than tiny.  daveA

I have learned how to drag and enlarge the xdosemu window but I don't like the look of the fonts.

When I use the default font in .dosemurc, both xterm and konsole (KDE) will re-size.

However, I prefer in .xdosrmurc to specify the
$_X_font = "vga12x30"
which is a large 11" wide x 8.5" high font.
The window apparently gets fixed by the size of the font.

My only remaining problem is that I cannot get colors in the directory listing - just had to throw that off thread statement in.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux