WordPerfect 5.1 on DOSEMU 1.4.0 (wow!)

Sirs/Madams,

I just wanted to let you know that WordPerfect 5.1 runs nearly perfectly on the latest DOSEMU, and it was easy (even for a Linux newbie like me) to set up on Kubuntu.

As far as I can tell, everything in WP works just like it should (well, with the exception of a tiny F5-F5 feature that doesn't work on recent Windows versions either), and I'm absolutely impressed! If the DOS box were just a little bigger (i.e. bigger with clean fonts), I wouldn't even know I wasn't running DR-OpenDOS 7.02 (which I run also). No delays, no crashes (so far!), and no surprises!

[I tried installing another small DOS program with sound, and it worked perfectly too.]

Maybe I will be able to say "Hasta la Vista!" to Windows! I never upgraded past 98SE and I tried my first Linux distribution in 1999 (Caldera OpenLinux) and several since then but couldn't get them bug free or functional enough to make the effort worthwhile to switch.

Now, I see no reason not to switch to Linux!  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

David Testardi
-