Re: Creating directories with pkunzip, rar, et. al.

On 5/7/07, Bart Oldeman <bartoldeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, first of all creating a directory does not involve any attributes,
and secondly
0x10=directory, and 0x20=archive.

Woops... I guess that shows how much of a newbie I am. :)

> As a hack to fix it, all I did was add one line to the beginning of
> the set_dos_attr() function in mfs.c:
>
> if (S_ISDIR(mode)) attr &= DIRECTORY;

This is correct, since the read-only attribute must also be ignored.
However, there is also some FAT code that does not need the clearance.

So I committed a similar check but in a different place,  get_unix_attr():

Cool, looks good.  Thanks for looking into this!

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe@xxxxxxxxx