Re: Standard instalation

On 11/14/06, Alain M. <alainm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, now it worked. The problem was that the message in "make
install" complaining about dosemu-freedos-bin.tgz was not visible
because the screen dafaults to 25 lines and it had rolled off. Then I
missunderstood that everything was ok!

Right, I'll see what can be done about that.

Ah!!! I just noticed another error, there are several lines:
     /bin/bash: line 7: bdftopcf: command not found
and it was solved by installing bdftopcf. What *was* wrong is that it
was not flagged by "./configure". Would you consider this a bug?

Yes. It was based on the assumption that it comes standard with X
which is no longer the case. Similarly for mkfontdir. In Debian they
are in an optional package called 'xfonts-utils' now, how about
Mandriva?

Bart
-