Re: cannot map temp file pool

Claudia Neumann wrote:
> Hi!
> I have urged the new Debian maintainer to update the Debian
> dosemu package. It is still 1.2.1 and I am afraid it will stay
> like this because the current maintainer has not done a bit. I
> suspect that the current maintainer has not even used dosemu
> himself. So if you want to use a current dosemu in Debian, you
> have to compile it yourself.  :(

Actually, in Debian Sid (unstable), it is now 1.2.2.

But this was introduced only last June, and it has the default
$_mapping = "". So it is guaranteed not to work on a updated
Debian Sid system.

Something must be wrong in the communication (two-way) between
Debian and dosemu..

It would be a pity if dosemu would die, either by the present
conflict among the developers, or by neglect by the major
distributions. There are many legacy DOS programs out there which
are still actively used. I get between 100 and 200 non-robot hits
every week on my dosemu page alone. There is still interest in
this project "out there".

Regards, Jan

-