Re: Automation with 0-day & kdevops

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 07:44:12AM -0800, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> Dear 0-day developers,
>
> kdevops [0] has evolved over the years now to a full automation suite
> for kernel development and testing. As for the later aspects of it, we
> use it to enable complicated subsystem tests such as filesystems
> testing. Our automated filesystem coverage has been rather reduced
> given the complexity, and so one of its goals was to tackle this. It
> also has support to automate testing complex subsystems involving
> custom non-upstream yet for things like qemu as well.
>
> While long term we'd like to aim towards automating most of the things
> tested under kdevops, it makes sense to start slow with a few simpler
> targets. Since kdevops supports kselftests as well, my recommendation
> is we start with a few selftests for components we have kernel
> maintainers willing to help with either review or help tune up. The
> same applies to filesystems. While we have support to test most
> popular filesystems it makes sense to start with something simple.
>
> To this end I'd like to see if we can collaborate with 0-day so enable
> automation of testing for the following components, the first 3 of
> which I help maintain:
>
> With kdevops using its kernel selftests support:
>
>   * Linux kernel modules: using kernel selftests and userspace kmod tests
>   * Linux firmware loader: firmware selftests
>   * Linux sysctl
>
> As for filesystems I'd like to start with tmpfs as we have a developer
> who already has a good baseline for it, and is helping to fix some
> fstests bugs found, Daniel Gomez. We also have created different
> target profiles to test tmpfs for the different mount options it
> supports.
>
> What would this collaboration consist of? Using 0-day's automated to
> git clone kdevops, spawn some resouces and run a series of make
> commands. If git diff returns non-empty we have a new failure.

Thanks Luis, we are glad to collaborate on this. We will learn the detail of
kdevops that the website contains a lot of useful materials. And we will update
our progress to you next month for the questions and next steps.

Thanks

> [0] https://github.com/linux-kdevops/kdevops
>
>  Luis

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]