XZ in-kernel module decompression

I have packaged for Debian a current snapshot of kmod, and a couple of
users that use XZ-compressed modules with custom kernels reported that
now modules loading fail with "decompression failed with status 6".
Status 6 is XZ_OPTIONS_ERROR, which I understand means "Input was
encoded with settings that are not supported by this XZ decoder".

One of the users reported that everything works fine after switching
from xz to zstd.

Debian kernels do not enable CONFIG_MODULE_DECOMPRESS (should they?), so
this new feature has very limited exposure to our users.

Does anybody understand what is wrong here?

ciao,
Marco

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]