Re: [announce] python-kmod 0.9

Hi Andy,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.de.marchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andy,

>>> Ping.
>>

>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay. Here's what I have so far:
>>
>> https://github.com/agrover/kmod.git
>>
>> Copied source in, modified configure.ac. But I'm pretty weak on automake.
>> Basically the Python bindings need "python setup.py build" and "python
>> setup.py install" for the relevant make targets, but that still needs to be
>> hooked up :-/
>>
>> Would you or some other kind soul that knows automake be willing to advise,
>> or even fix this up the rest of the way?
>
> Sure  I'll do the missing glue to the build system.

I've just pushed a branch named "python" which contains the python
bindings. I did it a bit different than you:

 - All the code from your repository was imported maintaining the
history. I would like to keep it, so I did a merge of the final import
(fast forward, but forced to contain a commit).
 - Python bindings are built with autotools. This allows to easily
express the dependency with libkmod... but I'm not sure this is ideal
as opposed to having a target to explicitely calling setuptools.  Any
opinion?

Then I noticed the example given in the README file doesn't work.
Neither by installing they original python-kmod package :-/

    >>> import kmod
    >>> km = kmod.Kmod()
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Kmod'
    >>> dir(kmod)
    ['__builtins__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__',
'__package__', '__path__', '__version__', 'list', 'version']

--
Lucas De Marchi