Can't load modules with parameters given

Hi,

I have a rather strange problem currently. I am trying to load a module
with some parameters (bnx2x with disable_tpa=1) and it fails because
this parameter is unknown according to dmesg. But modinfo lists this
exact paramter and it is also included in the source. And while this is
not an in-tree driver, I could also replicate the same behavior with
in-tree device drivers (like bonding with the parameter tx_queues):

$ modprobe bonding # works fine
$ rmmod bonding
$ modprobe bonding tx_queues=32
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'bonding': Unknown symbol in module,
or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and dmesg tells me:
	bonding: Unknown parameter `tx_queues'
and nothing else (as with bnx2x, this parameter is listed by modinfo).

Is there some obvious kernel-config-option I could have messed up or
something else like this?

I am using a Gentoo-Userspace kmod (v15) with a Ubuntu-Kernel (3.8.13.13
- this is a version with some ubuntu-patches applied) - I know, the
combination is rather strange. Any ideas?

best regards,
- Benjamin

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]