Re: Fwd: KBUILD_MODNAME issue

On Thursday 21 February 2013 12:55:15 Ajith Adapa wrote:
> Yeah I agree .. But seems our client is using a customized Make
> script.

then tell them they get to pick up the pieces.  idiocy should be highlighted &
fixed, not supported.

you can see everything the kernel does if you use the V=1 flag when compiling a
specific module, so you can see what you need to copy.  that said, this stuff
semi-frequently changes between releases, so not doing it the right way means
your already fragile build is only going to get worse between kernel versions.
-mike

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]