Re: Is modules.dep.bin architecture independent?

On Tuesday 16 November 2010, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 11:48 +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> > i.e. can I generate it when cross compiling a system at build time rather
> > than doing it when the system is loaded?
>
> The files are stored in big endian (network byte order) format, so you
> should be able to pre-populate them on a host if doing cross-builds.
>
> Jon.
I tried this, and it nearly worked.  I am building for a version of the linux
kernel which is not the one I am running on the machine the build on.

I used debmod -b <path to virtual root> and depmod tried to access the
modules at <path to virtual root>/lib/modules/<build machine kernel version>
rather than at <path to virtual root>/lib/modules/<target kernel version>.

So I guess my next version is how do I tell depmod which version to look
for?

David