Re: depmod: add ability to check symbol versions

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 23:49 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 04:22 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 19:57 +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
> >
> > > resending the check-symvers series with tessuite fixes.
> >
> > I have manually (not quite cherry-picked) the testsuite fixes and
> > rebuilt the test data files again. I'll push the tree now.
>
> Can you guys let me know if there's anything you don't like about the
> current tree, or if you think I'm missing something I should pull? I
> would like to push a new update this week.

I have the config-parser cleanups that ought to be good to go.
They are separated from the set Alan reviewed at last week:

The following changes since commit
9ded2725bf85c782cdceb078dd61b31f2cecb5c7:
  Jon Masters (1):
        doc: link depmod.d to depmod.conf also

are available in the git repository at:

  http://github.com/andr345/module-init-tools.git modprobe-conf

Andreas Robinson (3):
      modprobe: reduce nesting in conf parser
      modprobe: trivial whitespace/indentation fixes in conf parser
      modprobe: put configuration objects in a struct

modprobe.c |  214
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------

> Next on the agenda I think is figuring out a TODO. Where do we want to
> be in a year from now in terms of features, library-linking with udev,
> or whatever else - anyone got anything in their pipeline coming up?

I'm looking into error handling and memory management at the moment, so
that do_modprobe doesn't have to fork.

I'll have to get back to you later about ideas for the TODO.

> Also, is anyone going to Montreal?

Not me, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Andreas