Re: ANNOUNCE: module-init-tools 3.9 release

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 15:02 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> Here is the latest module-init-tools release. Final reminder, releases
> do not use "-pre" but instead will increment ordinally unless there is a
> particularly major reason to bump to a subsequent v4.0 release (the next
> release will be 3.10 therefore). Tested on x86_64 and POWER5 systems,
> and I am configuring further automated be/le tests.

There was a trivial bug with getopt_long returning int not char and so
the return comparison in modindex would fail, also failing the testsuite
tests of modindex. That fix went into 3.9, which passes test runs on all
of the different systems that I have here - be|le - so I think the ELF
rewrite is fine. Also, I rebuilt the 32/64 be data files to look for
bitrot or any other problem as they've not been rebuilt in years.

Jon.