Re: [GIT PULL request] ELF rewrite part 2

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 09:05 +0100, Alan Jenkins wrote:

> Oops, sorry for wasting your time.  If I'd looked more closely at the
> call trace I'd have realised this probably wasn't your fault.  In
> fact, I think it's mine!  Fortunately it doesn't affect normal usage.
> I'll fix this little embarrassment myself.

No worries, you didn't. And now valgrind is set up properly and
everything, for next time. But I think it could be slightly flaky
though. I can't reproduce your error and it *sometimes* dies halfway
through the depmod part of "runtests --valgrind" with an internal-error
type message. It seems to work better if the computer is otherwise idle
however.

Btw, this "whole-hog" test runs in ~15 minutes with the CPU 87.5% idle
(says top), so parallelization would probably help. Someday...