sdhci_pci module is blocking low power s0ix sleep with GL9767

Georg Gottleuber added an attachment on Kernel.org Bugzilla:

Created attachment 306887
kernel.log s2idle without and with sdhci_pci module

S2idle sleep on TUXEDO InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen9 Intel laptop with GL9767 SD card reader consumes 6 watts. Intel Core Ultra 7 155H is not entering s0ix properly. If I blacklist sdhci_pci in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf then the device sleeps with 1.2 watts (this is not super good, but OK). Unfortunately unloading and reloading does not work either. Once the module has been loaded, the high power consumption remains, even after a rmmod.

I tested this behavior with linux mainline 6.11.0-rc7, 6.11.0-rc7-next-20240909. Kernel mmc/next does not work either.

I also used Intel S0ix Selftest Tool and it blamed the GL9767 SD card reader.

File: kernel.log (text/plain)
Size: 150.48 KiB
Link: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=306887
---
kernel.log s2idle without and with sdhci_pci module

You can reply to this message to join the discussion.
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
Kernel.org Bugzilla (bugspray 0.1-dev)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]