Question regarding informing MMC subsystem about upcoming power loss.

Hi,
I'm wondering - is there a way/interface that I could use to notify
the Linux kernel that the power is about to go down? I'm thinking
about SD cards in particular and how to make them more immune to
unexpected power loss, and I've found that some SD cards support
something like "mmc_poweroff_notify", which is called in the
mmc_suspend function.

Assuming that I have the information about upcoming power loss
(provided by e.g. external interrupt, PSU voltage monitoring etc) how
should I pass this information to the Kernel so that it will try to
clean up resources - in particular MMC subsystem?

Let me show some background - we have a SoM which has a lot of
components. On the SoM we have a PSU which operates on 24V voltage. We
would like to monitor the PSU's voltage and when we detect that the
voltage has dropped from 24V to 12V this is highly likely an
unexpected power loss/cut, therefore we would like to inform the
Kernel (in particular mmc subsystem) that the power loss is coming. I
can imagine something like this - we have a driver that does voltage
measurements or waits for an external interrupt (triggered when PSU's
voltage drops from 24V to 12V) and then calls some functions that will
allow the Kernel to do some cleanups, but the question is what are
these functions? Are there any?

BR
Patryk

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]