Re: Odroid-C1 regression with commit 4bc31edebde5 ("mmc: core: Set HS clock speed before sending HS CMD13")

On 29.08.23 11:59, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
> Hi, Thorsten here, the Linux kernel's regression tracker. Top-posting
> for once, to make this easily accessible to everyone.
>
> I still have this regression (caused by a commit from Brian, applied by
> Ulf) on my list of tracked issues. Was there any progress to finally get
> this fixed[1]? Doesn't look like it from here, but I might have easily
> missed something, that's why I'm asking.
>
> [1] this patch from Ziyang Huang afaics was supposed to help, but it
> went nowhere afaics
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-amlogic/TYZPR01MB5556B56D834E02F41C44D81DC95FA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>
> Or does anybody stop caring?

No reply, then I assume that's the case. In that case I won't waste any
cycles tracking this:

#regzbot inconclusive: seem nobody cares anymore

Martin, if this is wrong and you want to see this fixed, please speak up.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

> On 20.06.23 11:53, Ulf Hansson wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Jun 2023 at 21:54, Martin Blumenstingl
>> <martin.blumenstingl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 5:49 PM Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> You seem to be more familiar with this Amlogic MMC controller than I am ;-)
>>
>> Sometimes a well written commit message actually helps. :-)
>>
>>> Today I finally had some time for testing and when I started Ziyang
>>> Huang provided a patch [0] (admittedly: I think it needs to be
>>> improved, but finally we know that it's a MMC controller driver
>>> limitation and not an MMC core bug)
>>
>> Great news!
>>
>> I will continue to monitor the thread and defer to apply anything
>> until you have given it your blessing, of course.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Uffe

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]