Re: mmc-utils: ioctl connection timed out with SD cards

Hi, Christian.

On Tuesday, 04 April 2023 at 19:32, Christian Löhle wrote:
> The problem is the harcoded 0x0001 as RCA, sdcards have whatever the
> vendor thinks is right.
> I can send a fix for that tomorrow, but generally mmc-utils isn't much
> useful for SD cards, most mmc-utils features are eMMC-only features
> anyway.
> Softreset works as expected, for byte-addressed we can use grouped wp.
> I was thinking about adding TMP_WRITE_PROTECT for both, maybe unlock, too.
> And also adapt erase.
> Apart from that do you have any features that you can think of?

Not really. I'm not familiar with SD card internals or MMC internals,
for that matter. I think you've already done more than I expected after
my rather naive e-mail, so thank you very much. If mmc-utils can be
fixed to give meaningful error messages when someone tries to use them
on SD cards after being confused by the device naming of the kernel like
myself then I'm happy with that.

> SD just doesn't have that many features that are used outside of
> normal IO operation.

I see. Thanks for the insight.

Best regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org
oppression to develop psychic muscles.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]