RE: mmc-utils: ioctl connection timed out with SD cards

Nevermind, I can reproduce the issue on my own Pinebook Pro,
Ill take a look at it tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 12:09 PM
To: linux-mmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mmc-utils: ioctl connection timed out with SD cards

On Monday, 03 April 2023 at 22:11, Christian Löhle wrote:
> >Hello,
> >is the mmc tool from mmc-utils supposed to work with SD cards?
> Not really no, but status get is pretty much the one thing that should
> work, apart from register reads that don't issue anything.

I see. I thought any /dev/mmcblk? device would be supported. The documentation doesn't make this clear. :)

> I'm using RK3399 on SD too and it works okay for me, will try updating
> tomorrow.
> Could you show the debug prints to see the mmc command / responses?
> Ideally for anything in mmc/core

Will something like:

# alias ddcmd='echo $* > /proc/dynamic_debug/control'
# ddcmd 'module mmc_core +p'
# ddcmd 'module rtsx_pci_sdmmc +p'
# mmc status get /dev/mmcblk0
# dmesg | grep -E 'mmc_core|rtsx_pci_sdmmc'

suffice?

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.

Hyperstone GmbH | Reichenaustr. 39a  | 78467 Konstanz
Managing Director: Dr. Jan Peter Berns.
Commercial register of local courts: Freiburg HRB381782

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]