[no subject]

<snip>
/* Force PIO for the tuning */
caps = priv->caps;
priv->caps &= ~TMIO_SD_CAP_DMA_INTERNAL;

ret = mmc_send_tuning(mmc, opcode, NULL);

priv->caps = caps;

if (ret == 0)
taps |= BIT(i);
<snip>

When doing this, the value of taps is non-zero.  For this card, it is fefe
In U-Boot smpcmp is also the save value.

However, Linux does not disable the DMA, and the value of taps is zero
and the tuning ultimately fails.

I did some experiments to attempt to disable it, but when I do, it
usually ends up hanging or a kernel panic.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can properly attempt to disable
the DMA and use PIO during the tuning phase to see if this fixes the
micro SD card initialization issue I'm seeing.

If I manually set taps  to match priv->smpcmp when taps=0, the microSD
card enumerates correctly.

thanks

adam

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]