Re: Realtek USB Card Reader Driver issues

+ Rui, Ricky

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 14:42, Dimitar Kosev <buboleck@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems there is some issue with the rtsx_usb module. I'm using Gentoo
> with kernel 5.7.9 at the moment as the card reader driver does not work
> with 5.9 and 5.10 kernels, I don't know if the issue is there with 5.8
> kernels as it was causing issues with my vga, my card reader info below:
>
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129
> Card Reader Controller
>
> The module detect the reader but does not detect the sd cards inserted,
> the same cards work with 5.7 so I assume something was broken i the driver.
>

>From the drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_usb_sdmmc.c perspective, nothing has
changed for quite a while and likewise for
drivers/misc/cardreader/rtsx_usb.c.

However, I think you probably need to run a "git bisect" to point out
the offending commit. And it looks like you already have some good
starting point to use for the git bisect.

I have also looped in some of the developers from Realtek/Realsil,
please keep them in the loop, as they know this HW and driver.

Kind regards
Uffe

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]