Re: slow emmc speed 4.12 am437x

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 2:19 PM Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 11:14, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get some insights about how to debug emmc speed issue.
> > We're using board with am437x CPU using mainline 4.12 kernel (added
> > only devicetree for our custom board). eMMC is 8bit connect (using
> > sandisk SDINBDG4-8G-I1 chip).
> >
> > Issue is that when copying data from SD card to eMMC we get throughput
> > only ~300kB/s (it should be bit higher IIRC). I'm just looking for
> > some advice what to check and how to find out where issue can be
> > (still unsure if SW or HW). Thanks a lot.
>
> Mount debugfs and look at the ios node for the mmc host in question.
> There is information about clocks, busdwidth, etc.
Thanks for info. From below it looks quite ok:
clock:          52000000 Hz
vdd:            21 (3.3 ~ 3.4 V)
bus mode:       2 (push-pull)
chip select:    0 (don't care)
power mode:     2 (on)
bus width:      3 (8 bits)
timing spec:    1 (mmc high-speed)
signal voltage: 0 (3.30 V)
driver type:    0 (driver type B)

compared to gumstix poblano (same cpu):
cat /sys/kernel/debug/mmc1/ios
clock:          50000000 Hz
vdd:            21 (3.3 ~ 3.4 V)
bus mode:       2 (push-pull)
chip select:    0 (don't care)
power mode:     2 (on)
bus width:      2 (4 bits)
timing spec:    2 (sd high-speed)
signal voltage: 0 (3.30 V)
driver type:    0 (driver type B)

difference is in bus width (I'm confused as poblano according dts +
schematics should also have 8 bit interface) and timing spec are
different for my case. Anything else I can check? Thanks.

> Kind regards
> Uffe

BR,

marek

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]