Re: MMC card remains RO since "mmc: sdhci-omap: drop ->get_ro() implementation"

Hello Kishon,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 13:59:48 +0530
Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon@xxxxxx> wrote:

> >                 int ro = mmc_sd_get_ro(host);
> >
> >                 if (ro < 0) {
> >                         pr_warn("%s: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming write-enable\n",
> >                                 mmc_hostname(host));
> >                 } else if (ro > 0) {
> >                         mmc_card_set_readonly(card);
> >                 }
> >
> > Do you see this warning message before my change ?
>
> yes.

Ah, OK. Then it makes sense.

> >  (3) WP signal routed to a dedicated signal of the SDHCI controller. In
> >      this case, the kernel needs to read the SDHCI_PRESENT_STATE
> >      register of the SDHCI controller.
>
> This is not supported in OMAP platforms.

Because the SDHCI controller WP signal is not implemented / routed to
an external pin ?

> > With your change, (3) is no longer possible, because as soon as there's
> > no GPIO, you say there's no write protect information available at all.
>
> That is correct. For write protect, we always use GPIO.

OK, then indeed your change makes sense.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]